SDL_gpu has its first binary release! If you make games or applications in C or C++, you should give it a spin.
In case you aren’t familiar with it yet, SDL_gpu is an alternative rendering system for SDL 1.2 and SDL 2.0. It includes everything you need to make amazing, high-performance 2D graphics:
- Fast buffered blits
- Shader support
- Sprite rotation and scaling
- Plenty of 2D primitives (e.g. lines, arcs, circles, rounded rectangles, annulus sectors)
- An enjoyable basic abstraction (targets and images)
- Virtual resolution and viewports
- 2D camera control
- Built-in support for some popular image formats
- Blend, filter, and wrap modes
- Arbitrary 2D geometry (batched textured triangles)
- Can be used with native OpenGL calls
You can get started at the Google Code page. There’s some introductory info, documentation, and downloads there.